The Consignment Model: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
We love seeing good quality gear and clothing find a new home after it’s 1st life! We strive to provide affordable, environmentally responsible, local shopping options for our customers. Keeping items in circulation and out of landfills is great for the environment and allows people to find these items at a great price. This also allows the seller to make money for their items and supports local business. Come on in and browse our expanding shop for your outdoor needs!
It’s a great place to sell outdoor gear you don’t use anymore and a great place to find the gear you want for less.
Roanoke Mountain Adventures accepts high quality outdoor gear that’s in good shape — clothing, bikes, kayaks, canoes, parkas, tents, backpacks, fly rods, kids gear, kids carriers and more.
Come on by to check out our unique inventory.
Sell your outdoor gear! How it works……
We accept outdoor gear that is clean and in good shape. We pay out 62% for items that sell under $300 and 68% for anything that sells for $300 or more. Bring your gear in, fill out our Consignment Agreement and we will get it tagged and on the racks!
- We accept the following type items: Backpacking Gear, Camping Gear, Kayaks, Bikes, Outdoor Clothing, Canoes, Paddleboards, Bike/Kayak/Ski Racks, Climbing Gear, Fishing Gear, Kayaking Gear, Water Gear. Kids Outdoor Gear, Boots and shoes for hiking, backpacking, biking, running and water activities.
- We don’t accept gear and clothing for ball sports like golf, basketball, baseball and tennis.
- Gear should be high quality, functional, clean and in good working order. Clothing, Boots and Shoes should be clean and free of tears, stains, smells and animal hair.
- Sellers can bring items to the shop during our regular business hours. Our staff will inspect and let you know if there are any items we cannot take and have you fill out and read our consignment policy. We are experienced pricing items at a fair price and at a price that they should sell for in a reasonable amount of time. We welcome your input as well and you can decide if there is a certain price you need to get for your gear.
- Consignment Split: Seller takes 62% and shop takes 38% on items that sell for less than $300. Seller takes 68% and shop 32% on items that sell for $300 or more. On higher value items over $1000, Seller and RMA may agree to a larger percentage payout to the Seller.
- Sellers are provided access to an online account that they can use to check the status of their items, what may have sold and what they are owed.
- Give us a call if you have questions about the gear you would like to sell.